Make lovely friendship bracelets with natural yarns (or whatever yarn you have to hand) to share the simple love of giving, send them in the post to remind family and friends that you love them even if you can't see them. In this session you will learn the basic starting braid for finger crocheting and use that to create your band. If you make them longer you can create necklaces, or shorter you can make a ring. The activity is fun to do with all members of your family, although some may take longer to master it than others. Sit outside for some fresh air to make them or create them indoors whatever suits you all best. You need so little they are versatile to take with you almost anywhere to make. Here you will be learning the starts of finger crocheting and you get to make something in the process of 'practice' - everyone wins! Learning this crafting technique also helps to develop: fine motor skills; counting - for measurements and number of stitches; concentration span and a knowledge of how to create things of beauty by hand. Make them for yourself, your friends or other family members.
Items Required: some thick wool/ thick cotton yarn/ string/ twine or other thick yarn, scissors
Whilst using this resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing by:
1) Get Active - whilst the session itself does not need you to be active, why not take this activity with you on an outdoors trip, it doesn't take up much space but can lend any day some quieter, concentrated down time.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to learn a crafting technique to create friendship bracelets, necklaces and rings to give to each other and to friends. Once you master this one, consider looking for other resources to develop more wool based skills.
3) Be Mindful- crafting as process is known to settle the mind as it requires a type of focus that can help shut other things out, giving your mind a 'break'.
4) Practice Kindness- remember everyones outcomes will differ greatly - respond with kindness and respect.
5) Think Community - Why not make these for friends and family members to share your love and kindness. Post your beautiful outcomes and share any tips in the comments below.
#art #craft #woolcraft #crafting #friendshipbracelet #familyactivity #childrensactivity #kidsactivity #familytime #positivewellbeing #bracelet #necklace #ring #familyfun #love #handmade