Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
Use this yoga session to gently stretch the body and ease out of the day, preparing you and your family for bed. Learn a gentle folk song (with adapted lyrics) for use as a soft lullaby song, join in, sing or hum along - let those voices free. (Credits and copyright for musical genius and most the lyrics to Melanie Safka - adapted from Ring Around the Moon).
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - moving our bodies gently before bed can ease out any tensions that may have manifested during the day and helps allow our bodies to release them.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to help your body and mind learn physical postures and combine that with breath awareness and singing or humming the tune!
3) Be Mindful- notice your breathing throughout your practice: practising postures while gently singing whilst lovely can take the mind to singing rather than breathing as evenly as possible.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community - eg your family and we look forward to your responses in the comments below.