In this session we will be inspired by the story Because of an Acorn by Lola Schaefer & Adam Schafer with illustrations by Fran Preston-Gannon. The story considers how from something so small, an acorn, develops the entire community of the forest, a world that all depends upon the other being there for the others to continue existing too. In our relaxation at the end we think of ourselves as the acorn in our human world, and how we are also a part of the jigsaw of life, how we can't thrive without all others too.
Have fun with this session and enjoy the storytelling!
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. Enjoy moving the body through the different postures as you grow a healthy forest kingdom.
2) Keep Learning -use this session to learn how we all need to live and work together for a healthy diverse community just like the forest kingdom - we all depend on each other.
3) Be Mindful - Listen carefully to your own body each time you practice and consider what your role might be in the community of home and the wider community around you.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.