The simple art of Nordic Braiding has tied many nets and connected many hearts- in this short film we used the technique to braid family connection bracelets from wool and grass while sat beneath an old oak with singing birds overhead- it's always the simple things that have the greatest impact.
We learnt how to do Nordic Braiding while out working with an excellent project called the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust
This activity is really simple to do, only takes a few materials and is great fun, it's also great for your wellbeing:
1) Get Active - YOu'll need a few nature items to do this activity, zip up your coats and head out for a long walk with your family.
2) Keep Learning - This is a technique that was used by fishermen in Norway to make their nets! Once you've mastered the skill can you try to make a net?
3) Be Mindful- Nordic braiding combines movement and rhythm. Mastering the skill takes patience and precision that can bring you in to a state of being mindful which is greater your wellbeing.
4) Practice Kindness- Nordic Braiding takes team work and kindness, sometimes we make mistakes but that's okay see it as an opportunity to be kind and supportive to your partner.
5) Think Community - Friendship bracelets are a great way of showing people that you care, hand one to a neighbour or somebody in your community.
#familyactivity #family #childrensactivity #walk #walkandcreate #livefree #nature #foraging #nature #natureconnection #wildandfree #wellbeing #art#inspiration#natureconnection#family#love