This session shows you how to make pressed flowers from some simple and widely available wild flowers. Turn them into wonderful cards of kindness and share them with family, friends and with others in your community. Take a walk out in nature, collect the resources on your route (flowers, blossoms, wild grasses and leaves work well), and carry them home. Follow the video and once pressed, your flowers will be ready to be turned into wonderful cards. For this activity you will need:
some wild flowers/grasses/leaves, paper for pressing of the flowers, heavy books or flower press, some heavy weights for the pressing, PVA glue or double sided sticky tape, scissors, card, envelopes, optionals:additional card for decoration, twine for decoration, any other decorative items you want to use.
Whilst using this art resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - taking a family walk to collect the initial resources can be a whole day activity or taken as part of another daily activity.
2) Keep Learning - Learning how to pass on these simple arts and crafts activities can bring both joy to the maker and the receiver.
3) Be Mindful - Take your time when collecting these flowers, grasses and leaves to really spend a moment really looking in detail at them and their innate beauty before you pick them. This kind of nature connection is calming to our nervous systems.
4) Practice Kindness - As ever these plants are there for not just our enjoyment but also for our bees and butterflies, only take what you will need rather than wasting them.
5) Think Community - Share these cards with your family, friends, neighbours and community.
#flowerpressing #familyactivity #childactivity #wellbeing #crafting #making #artactivity #kidsactivity #natureinspiration #wildflowers