Use you inner creativity to make these fun, and relatively simple, table nature inspired paper lanterns. Perfect for the garden table or the window sill on the ever growing longer spring evenings or for creating more of an ambience when camping outdoors. They work beautifully with tea lights (never leave live flame unattended), battery powered tea-lights or head-torches underneath them. Enjoy making them with your children and remember to give yourself the personal crafting time to make one yourself too - crafting with natural materials is therapeutic!
Whilst using this art resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - take a walk somewhere locally in nature to collect your sticks, and petals and leaves.
2) Keep Learning - learn how to build a tripod structure from our Nature Activity - Tripod Fairy House and then develop this skill for this activity to add a base and then build your paper structure.
3) Be Mindful - creating nature art outcomes tends to take focus and time, these combined can put the mind into an almost meditative state and gives your mind a 'break' from other thoughts. Once these are finally complete, take a moment to sit with them lit at dusk and to watch the little flames flicker underneath.
4) Practice Kindness - giving yourself time to enjoy and appreciate your creations is an act of kindness to the Self, give this time to your family too.
5) Think Community - Share your creations with the community here and on other platforms, give tips that you discover.