In this resource we work with ice to create a beautiful ice candle holder or it can be used as a mug to chill and hold your favourite beverage.
We love working with ice in the winter but as long as you have a freezer you can have fun creating with ice all year round.
Whilst using this art resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - go on a walk to find beautiful leaves, petals and berries that you may like to sink into your ice candle holders.
2) Keep Learning - use this session as a science resource and to consider how a fluid can move into being a solid (water into ice and even back again) and the temperature changes that are involved to make that happen. You can also consider the time it takes to freeze the volume of water you use and to melt it.
3) Be Mindful- the process of waiting for the water to freeze and melt takes patience, use this time to learn and also note how you feel about having to wait for something you want to see happen.
4) Practice Kindness - all outcomes will differ and react differently (eg perhaps freeze and melt at different speeds) so practice kindness by being encouraging and gentle whatever happens with your outcomes.
5) Think Community - Post your beautiful outcomes and share any tips in the comments below.