In this Nature Art session we learn how to make Happiness Crowns inspired by author Danny English's book The Happiness Tree. To learn more about the story head over to our storytelling resource area to hear the story first hand from Danny himself.
Whilst using this art resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - go on a walk to collect a wealth of natural resources from your local surroundings be they leaves, grasses, flowers, sticks, cones, feathers etc to use to decorate and embellish your crown.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to learn new crafting techniques to create simple decorations for your children to use in role play. Now they have the accessories, perhaps they can write you a story or poem of happiness. Remember to listen to The Happiness Tree story too for inspiration and further resources.
3) Be Mindful- crafting as process is known to settle the mind as it requires a type of focus that can help shut other things out, giving your mind a 'break'.
4) Practice Kindness- remember everyones outcomes will differ greatly - respond with kindness and respect. Responding enthusiastically will always boost your child's confidence and make you feel good too once you see how much confidence they will then have.
5) Think Community - Why not make one of these for a friend or family member as a gift. Post your beautiful outcomes and share any tips in the comments below.