One way to bring nature into your home is to watch the wonderful bird life from your windows, your garden or whilst out on a walk. Take the time to tune in quietly to notice their colours, shapes, calls and any defining characteristics. If identifying birds worries you, or you think it might be hard, check out this wonderful webpage from the RSPB in the UK which makes working out what birds you have around you so much easier: https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/identify-a-bird/ This resource develops the learning from the outdoors and translates it to an indoor activity - we chose to make blue tits for our paper stick puppets because we have plenty of them in our garden and we think possibly one considering nesting in one of our boxes - we hope they will! Have fun with all the family creating these and we look forward to seeing your wonderful bird outcomes in the comments below.Whilst using this art resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - bird watching is one of the wonderful activities that you can bring to your family walks and can give you a reason to get outdoors if you are able to.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to inspire confidence about learning to identify local bird species around you.
3) Be Mindful- Use the session to take a moment to pause and listen carefully to the calls of the different birds.
4) Practice Kindness- remember that artistic outcomes can vary dramatically amongst family members, remember that positive encouragement whatever the outcome is like will positively affect each family members sense of wellbeing.
5) Think Community - Post your beautiful outcomes and any tips in the comments below.