Winter is one of the most beautiful times of year.
We love to throw on our hats, coats and gloves and head out to have fun with the snow and ice.
In this film we teach you how to make beautiful garden ice decorations with a few simple materials that you may find around your house or in the garden, they re sure to bring a magical feel to your garden.
This activity is great fun but it will also give you a wellbeing boost too:
1) Get Active- Don't let the cold weather stop you from being active, wrap up warm and go to collect lots of nature finds for your decorations.
2) Keep Learning - This is a great activity to experience and experiment with Ice and the melting process. Also, consider seeing how the temperature affects the rate of melting. Check the air temperature and guess how long it may take for your decorations to melt- it was so cold that ours lasted for three days.
3) Be Mindful- As your decorations melt watch the drip fall, count them and listen to the nature sounds around you, can you hear the birds? Can you hear the water drop hit the ground?
4) Practice Kindness- make one and surprise your neighbour by hanging it in their garden.
5) Think Community - Share your fabulous outcomes with your community, post them online to inspire others in future, and remember to keep them for next year.