In this session we will show you how to make a beautiful autumn leaf candle holder that can be used to light up the darkest evenings this Diwali and beyond. They can be used with tea lights but take care not to leave any lit candles unattended. Items Required: Wide selection of leaves of all colours, shapes and sizes - collect on a local walk trying to consider the size of the jar you will be using
Old candle jars to upcycle or an undamaged jam jar - see link for candle safety below PVA glue & hot water (+bowl & spoon to stir) Sponge/sponge brush Cotton thread
Twine or cotton string
For further candle safety information please go to this website: https://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/candles/
Whilst using this nature activity to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - you will need to collect lots of leaves of all colours shapes and sizes on a daily walk out and about
2) Keep Learning - Use this session to learn new crafting techniques to create simple decorations for your home.
3) Be Mindful- working with natural materials to craft with as a process is known to settle the mind as it requires a type of focus that can help shut other things out, giving your mind a 'break'.
4) Practice Kindness- remember everyones outcomes will differ greatly - respond with kindness and respect. Responding enthusiastically will always boost your child's confidence and make you feel good too once you see how much confidence they will then have.
5) Think Community - Why not make one of these for a friend or family member as a gift. Post your beautiful outcomes and share any tips in the comments below.