In this simple nature craft, we show you how to create a natural picture frame using only sticks, string and some nature finds.
The frame can be used for a wide range of things, in this activity we show you how to use it to transform your family walks into a nature connection activity that will boost your wellbeing.
This activity is great fun and also helps you get you 5 ways to wellbeing:
1) Get Active - Give yourselves a full day to venture outside and do this activity. Walk through the woods to find your sticks then go in search of beautiful natural views and items to frame.
2) Keep Learning - During this activity we can learn a lot about nature and ourselves. When certain emotions become present during the nature connection activity consider why you may feel like that.
3) Be Mindful-Don't just look for large sweeping vistas, frame something tiny and look mindfully at all of its small pieces and parts. Your frame can be a way to help us notice the smaller things in nature that we often walk past.
4) Practice Kindness- Share you frame with a friend and encourage them to do the nature connection journey too.
5) Think Community - Invite your friends too and snap yourselves in the frame in all the wonderful natural places you like to visit.