Summer is here and it's a great time to head to the river for an adventure. Visiting a river is great for your wellbeing, the sights and sounds are linked with relaxation and restoration..
The river also offers lots of opportunities for play and creativity. In this resource we show you how to make a bark boat, but will it be a floater or a sinker?
This activity is great for boosting your wellbeing because:
1. Be Active- going out in to nature and visiting a river is a great way to get active.
2. Keep Learning: Making a bark boat takes lots of skill, balancing the weight of the mast and the clay helps you learn about weight distribution.
3. Practise Kindness- Share what you learn with each other and help ensure all the boats are floaters.
4. Think Community- rivers are places that have brought people together for many years, invite some friends to join you at the river for a picnic.
5. Be Mindful- while at the river consider how it is never stationary and always keeps flowing. Try to notice a bubble on the surface and follow it with your gaze.