We love to do many things while out in nature, but one of our favourites is hanging out in a hammock. Our hammock is always one of the first pieces of kit we pack for a day outdoors.
If you've never used a hammock before, you may be puzzled by a few things, including what a hammock should look like, where I put it up, what I should do to be safe, and how do I hang it.
These are all worthy questions, and in this resource, we answer them all and guide you through what you need to know to have a hammock adventure of your own.
This activity is great fun and it's also great for your wellbeing because:
1) Get Active - hammock adventures require heading outdoors to find the perfect spot. Having a hammock with you means you always have a place to rest after your walk.
2) Keep Learning - Knowing how to identify a safe spot is a skill that you will learn. Begin to notice the different tress and identify which are healthy and which aren't.
3) Be Mindful- Hanging out in a hammock staring up into the sky through the branches of trees is a great way to relax and practice mindfulness
4) Practice Kindness- Always rotate the trees you use, and thank them for holding you in space while you relax.
5) Think Community - Instead of a trip to the park to play on the swings try inviting your friend s for a walk to the woods and a swing in a hammock.