In this clip I will show you how to make a basic circle that can be used to make many further items with willow/hazel/dogwood/young ash whips. This clip is the basis for other nature activities and nature art resources.
Whilst using this nature activity to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - you will need to source some long bendy sticks perhaps from a daily walk- we suggest the best to use are: willow, hazel, dogwood or young ash. You can also make wreathes with ivy, sticky weed and the young branches of many bushes and trees.
2) Keep Learning - Look online and learn how to take cuttings from trees without damaging them for future growth and then use this session to learn new crafting techniques to create simple decorations for your home.
3) Be Mindful- working with natural materials to craft with as a process is known to settle the mind as it requires a type of focus that can help shut other things out, giving your mind a 'break'.
4) Practice Kindness- remember everyones outcomes will differ greatly - respond with kindness and respect. Responding enthusiastically will always boost your child's confidence and make you feel good too once you see how much confidence they will then have.
5) Think Community - Why not make one of these for a friend or family member as a gift. Post your beautiful outcomes and share any tips in the comments below.