Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
This session is inspired by the beautiful book Under the Same Sky by Brigit Teckentrup. The session flows through postures to rhyming couplets that consider how we are live, feel, sing, play, dream... in much the same way for the world that we live in. We have more in common than not.
#yoga #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #wellbeing #positivewellbeing #nature #sky #underthesamesky #commonalities #community #natureconnection #mentalhealth #forestschool #storytelling #selfawareness #fun #storyyoga #movethatbody
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. Enjoy moving the body through the different postures as you consider our commonalities with all humanity and life.
2) Keep Learning -use this session to further learn about what we all have in common around the world, irrelevant of background.
3) Be Mindful - Listen carefully to your own body each time you practice and consider what your role might be in the community of home and the wider community around you.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.