This session is based on the story The King of all Birds – follow this link for the full storytelling. During this yoga session you can follow along and copy the postures and discover the essence of the story together in one. Find out how the smallest and possibly least likely bird becomes the King of all Birds by using her quick wit and intelligence to help her fly the highest in the sky. We can use the story to address the idea of achieving our dreams whoever we are.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to help your body and mind learn new physical postures, hand mudras (positions) and ways of breathing
3) Be Mindful- Use the relaxation in the session to help you consider the idea of weightlessness and flight. Imagine life as a bird.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community - eg your family, and we look forward to your responses in the comments below.