Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
This session is based on the Japanese folktale The Humble Stone Cutter which you can also find in our Storytelling area by clicking HERE. Please be reminded to only do what feels comfortable to you today, it might differ to yesterday or even this morning!
#yoga #family #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #wellbeing #folktale #storyyoga #humblestonecutter #japanesefolktale #stone #attitudeofgratitude #natureconnection #mentalhealth #gratitude #mindfulness #guidedmeditation #forestschool #selfawareness #fun #movethatbody
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. Copy the postures as you see them allow with the sounds and the breathing, we aim to engage your whole body as you move through different postures.
2) Keep Learning - Story can connect us in many ways, our bodies move in many different ways in our current times than they would have throughout history. Consider how to walk regally, how to stand and cut stone like a stone cutter, imagine how to feel rooted into the earth like a tree....if you do this before doing the yoga, it may positively affect how you hold yourself in the postures. Imagine before doing!
3) Be Mindful - Take the opportunity throughout this practice simply to notice. Notice how you are breathing - fast/slow, when does it change? Notice how your body feels in the postures - are any comfortable, and which less so? It's not a case of judging yourself either positively or negatively but attempting just to see yourself as you are exactly as you are practicing.
4) Practice Kindness- Yoga is a practice that is to be built up over time and practiced with a keen inner ear listening to our bodies every single time however yoga can also be riddled with wanting to make the 'pose'. Be sure that in every practice you listen keenly to how your body is feeling and practice with kindness. In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.
I really enjoyed doing this.