Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids. This session uses the story from 'Seasons Come & Seasons Go - Tree' a book by Britta Teckentrup. We move through the seasons & move our bodies til we come to rest in winter, waking to the Spring once again.
#yoga #family #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #wellbeing #Spring #positivewellbeing #nature #natureconnection #mentalhealth #forestschool #selfawareness #fun #movethatbody
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. We aim to engage your body as you move through different postures.
2) Keep Learning - The story allows us to explore and notice what might happen throughout the changing seasons. This is a perfect starting point for younger children.
3) Be Mindful - Take the opportunity throughout this practice simply to notice. Notice how your body feels, notice how you feel before and after the session?
4) Practice Kindness- Yoga is a practice that is to be built up over time and practiced with a keen inner ear listening to our bodies every single time however yoga can also be riddled with wanting to make the 'pose'. Be sure that in every practice you listen keenly to how your body is feeling and practice with kindness. In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.