This morning session wakes our bodies up & allows us to think about what might make our day good & what we can do to help that happen. Please be reminded to only do what feels comfortable to you & to slowly work your way towards new postures over time.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. Copy the postures as you see them along with the sounds and the breathing, we aim to engage your whole body as you move through different postures.
2) Keep Learning - Remember that the process of yoga is also one of learning about yourself, practicing in the morning may give you very different results compared to practicing at other times of the day. Be kind with yourself and how your body moves first thing in the morning
3) Be Mindful - Notice your breath on the in and out without judgment, listen to it's quality, how are you feeling with it this morning? Be aware that you are breathing, feel it through the body by placing your hands on your abdomen. Have no aim to change your breath. There are no prizes for slowing it down or speeding it up. Simply notice.
4) Practice Kindness- Yoga is a practice that is to be built up over time and practiced with a keen inner ear listening to our bodies every single time however yoga can also be riddled with wanting to make the 'pose'. Be sure that in every practice you listen keenly to how your body is feeling and practice with kindness. In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online. Please share, these sessions are entirely free, who else do you know who could benefit from them?