Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
This session is based on The Story of the Six Suns – the story itself can also to be found in our Storytelling Resources. During this yoga session you can follow along and copy the postures and discover the essence of the story together in one.
There are many areas of learning that also link into this yoga session:
The Water Cycle – How water evaporates and how this affects geography, both human and physical.
Survival – What do we need to survive? What do animals and insects need to survive? What do the plants and trees need to survive? Which points do those categories have in common?
The Solar System - How many planets are in our solar system and how many suns do we have? What is the Sun and how far away is it? Do any other planets have more than one sun?
In this resource we use the story to address the idea of balance in our lives. By taking part in this fun session you can boost your metabolic system, gain a new perspective on life and improve your family's overall wellbeing.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to help your body and mind learn new physical postures, hand mudras (positions) and ways of breathing
3) Be Mindful- Use the relaxation in the session to help you consider the idea of balance and what that might represent for you. This week be mindful and aim to create more balance in your everyday even if it is only by changing one thing that you do.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community - eg your family, and we look forward to your responses in the comments below.
#yoga #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #positivewellbeing #mindfulness #nature #animalsareourfriends #selfawareness #fun #movethatbody #thesixsuns