Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
This session is based on Danny's story How the Hedgehog got his Spikes (follow this link for the full storytelling). Watch and follow along to copy the postures. Learn along with hedgehog how when we are dissatisfied with ourselves and comparing ourselves to others and asking the existential question "Who am I?", that the answers do not lie out there somewhere, but rather deep inside ourselves, waiting to be discovered. However, just like hedgehog, sometimes we need to venture outside to discover how to look inside ourselves. So if you or someone in your family is feeling a little lost in the current times, head out for a quiet walk with them, come back and do some yoga together, and give them time to see if they are able to reach in and see the truth of themselves that lies deep inside us all.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to help your body and mind learn new physical postures, hand mudras (positions) and ways of breathing
3) Be Mindful- Sometimes we are all too 'busy' to be looking inside ourselves as looking outside and comparing is a much quicker and easier task, but it can lead to much inner dissatisfaction. Are you being the best version of yourself? What can you do to help yourself become that? Notice how you feel and respond to those questions.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community - eg your family, and we look forward to your responses in the comments below.
#yoga #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #positivewellbeing #mindfulness #nature #selfawareness #movethatbody #hedgehogs #howthehedgehoggothisspikes #selfreflection