Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
Utilise this session with your children to explore the letters of the alphabet using some yoga postures and a little creativity to help create the shapes. Only the upper case (capital letters) is explored in this session. For a more wholistic and balanced session make sure that you do the postures on both sides of the body (often children will do this while exploring to see if they have made the correct 'shape' for the letter, and end with a gentle relaxation eg The Warm Fuzzy Relaxation, click the link for speed or check it out in our search facility to see the story link and the full information. Although you may think of the alphabet as only for tiny toddler people, this session will equally work will older ages as a physical session.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - use your bodies to move in and out of the alphabet shapes with your family - do both sides for a more balanced workout and to explore what is ‘correct lettering shape’ or not.
2) Keep Learning - use this session to help your body and mind learn physical postures, which can also be another way of learning the alphabet shapes for your children. Covering different learning styles can be so important in a wholistic approach to learning.
3) Be Mindful- notice your breathing throughout your practice. Please note that these are yoga postures with some additions, only do what feels comfortable and encourage this with your children too. We all have an innate understanding of what our bodies can and cannot do, without necessarily understanding why. For a more balanced session - do each posture on both sides so the whole body is worked equally which develops the body better.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community - eg your family and we look forward to your responses in the comments below. #yoga #familyyoga #familyactivity #familylearning #childactivity #kidsyoga #childrensyoga #childrensactivity #positivewellbeing #mindfulness #learnthealphabet #capitalletters #alphabetyoga #thealphabet #alphabet