Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids . In this session we are inspired by the simple concept of a spring morning, we consider the weather, some birds and most importantly the return of the warming sunshine to our lives. We move our bodies and breath and take the time to notice the changes across our practice. #yoga #family #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #wellbeing #Spring #positivewellbeing #nature #weather #natureconnection #mentalhealth #forestschool #selfawareness #fun #movethatbody Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. We aim to engage your body as you move through different postures.
2) Keep Learning - This session allows you to consider birdsong and the seasonal calls of the year. Look online for birdsong ID resources or on the RSPB website to find out more.
3) Be Mindful - Take the opportunity throughout this practice simply to notice how you are breathing. Take note at the start and at the end of physical movement and finally after the relaxation. Aim not to judge - simply notice.
4) Practice Kindness- Yoga is a practice that is to be built up over time and practiced with a keen inner ear listening to our bodies every single time however yoga can also be riddled with wanting to make the 'pose'. Be sure that in every practice you listen keenly to how your body is feeling and practice with kindness. In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.