Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
Most of us love the winter time in one way or another as we wait in hope of some snow to play in, although here in the UK it is simply rain more often than not. Not that that puts us off! This session uses our imagination to build an experience of winter weather and reminds us just how much more fun it is when we are wrapped up warm to enjoy the great outdoors. Enjoy the session!
#yoga #familyyoga #familyactivity #kidsactivity #childrensyoga #childactivity #wellbeing #positivewellbeing #nature #winter #winterweather #snow #adventure #kindness #ice #community #natureconnection #mentalhealth #forestschool #storytelling #selfawareness #fun #storyyoga #movethatbody
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies. Enjoy moving the body through the different postures as you consider the simple joys in life - enjoying the great outdoors and our seasonal weather.
2) Keep Learning -use this session to further learn about weather conditions and how to prepare for them. Consider what winter might feel like on a snowy day, and think of words and sounds to describe it. Inspire joy and wonder - did you know that each snowflake that falls is ENTIRELY unique, just like you and me?
3) Be Mindful - Listen carefully to your own body each time you practice and consider what your role might be in the community of home and the wider community around you.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - Practice this session with your community at home and spread the word online.