Before you begin this session please read and listen to our Introduction to Yoga with We Be Kids.
In this yoga adventure we head out for a picnic under your favourite tree. We learn from our tree companions about strength and community and the power in grounding down deep into the earth to help us reach up tall and strong. This session will benefit your day by practicing the need for balance in the postures, breath and setting you up for a day of thinking how you can support your family and community.
Whilst using this yoga resource to inspire learning, know you are helping you and your family's wellbeing like this:
1) Get Active - yoga may not be running a marathon but regular practice will reap many benefits to the physical and mental bodies.
2) Keep Learning - Use the model of the British Oak Tree supporting a wide community of insects and animals all working together to create a community to discuss how we choose to be within our communities - family, school, neighbourhood and/or how we can have strength and choose to support and help each other.
3) Be Mindful- Use the relaxation to consider strength and how we lend that out from ourselves to our homes and wider community.
4) Practice Kindness- In yoga only ever practice with kindness to yourself - EVERY practice is different and our bodies will feel the postures differently every time. Yoga should never hurt. Look after yourself - there is only one of you.
5) Think Community - We look forward to your responses in the comments below. #yoga #familyactivity #kidsyoga #familyyoga #childrensactivity #kidssactivity #positivewellbeing #mindfulness #meditation #nature #natureplay #natureconnection #selfawareness #trees #adventure