Join us as we introduce you to the wonderful Elder Tree, a foragers delight. Learn a simple way to make Elder Flower Cordial and enjoy the taste of summer all year round.
This activity is great for your wellbeing for the following reasons:
1. Get Active- Head out and explore your local area in search of Elder Trees.
2. Keep Learning- Discover what an Elder Tree looks like and some of its uses and the folklore surrounding it.
3. Think Community- when you find an Elder Tree tell others in your neighbourhood and teach them how to make cordial.
4. Practise Kindness: Make an extra bottle and deliver it to your neighbour.
5. Be Mindful- count the number of heads on the tree- leave plenty for the bees and butterflies. Remember the flowers will become berries in the autumn and make great food for the birds too.